Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ugh..Mornings.

Good Morning Loverlys!
      Let's just start off this post with a disclaimer: I cannot stand mornings. I really, really dislike them. Mornings and I aren't even friends! I hate mornings so much that I don't speak a word until I get my morning hug from my mother. Seriously! (You think I'm kidding but I'm really not.) Usually I have a "routine" I follow each morning when I wake up. My routine goes as follows: my alarm goes off at 8, I slowly sit up, wipe off yesterday's mascara, throw my covers back and drag myself to the bathroom, wishing I had a just a few more minutes of sleep left. But this morning, my routine was a little different. Yes, my alarm went off, I wiped away my mascara, and threw my covers back. But before I drug myself to the bathroom, I stopped, and sat crossed-legged on my bed as a question popped into my mind. The question that was popped into my mind was so random, I surprised myself.  "What if my parents were never Christians?" Now, mornings aren't usually my "lets have a deep thought process before my morning run" time. I usually save those moments for later on, when I don't hate everything as much. But I couldn't help but think, "What if?" What if my parents never accepted Christ? What if my grandparents never instilled in my parents the same faith they passionately pursued all their lives? What if my parents stopped going to church, and threw away this faith they have been taught all their lives to follow? What if my parents never taught me about Jesus, and never showed me how true Christians live their lives?
           My heart started breaking at the thought of how different my life would be. Would I treat people the same way I do? Would I still have the same friends, the same passions? Would I have even moved to North Carolina? As I sat on my bed, thinking of the hopelessness I would feel, the worthlessness, the shame, huge tears started to stream down my cheeks. Once I started crying I couldn't stop. I thought of how grateful I am that my parents are Christians. I thought of how incredibly blessed I am that my parents have pursued me in a way, that has made Jesus real, and my faith stronger than I ever could have imagined. I was ashamed at how I take it for granted, when their are billions and billions of kids out their with non-Christian parents, how they don't have those influences in their lives and how they don't have the hope and salvation of Jesus Christ. This makes my heart break even more. This makes me want to shout the good news out to everyone! I want every kid, every adult to have the same assurance and forgiveness my parents have showed me and I have received through Jesus. I am so thankful.
       So today, give your parents a morning hug, (trust me it will make your morning a little more bearable) and thank them for their Christian influences in yours and others lives.

Give me Jesus,
Emily Grace <3

7 comments:

  1. It's amazing the relevations that happen when you have alone time with God! This is an amazing post! It does make me thankful for Chritain influences in my life. Thanks for putting things in perspective. It's like a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.. I’m your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought about the same things! I'm pretty sure if my parents weren't Christian, I wouldn't be either. I'll think about that, scare myself to death, and then move on to something else (to get out of my...trance? aha).

    Great post, Emily Grace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna Gray! :) And thank you for your lovely post today! :)

      Delete